Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Day Two

Isn't it surprise enough that I am still truckin' it at 1am? I feel like I haven't slept in weeks, back to back camps and a lot of work stuff, not to mention a little social stuff here an there, I'll just say I have been really busy!

I don't think I ever mentioned how this blogging came about... So, two days ago, I sat in the room of a 70's style house chillin' with high schoolers from Breck and Minnehaha and Katie Pretzle, a Breck leader was speaking and her talk was a challenge to the students to ask God to surprise them for 30 days and see what He does. I thought 'How cool is that' and spent the grueling time figuring out how to blog and began this journey. So, that gives you some context...

My surprise for today, you ask. Oh-my. I am so blessed! In the two days I have been doing this EVERYTHING seems like a God-surprise.

The weather today, was just lovely! I don't know if it ever got to 60, but it was projected to and that in itself is a miracle at the end of November in chilly Minnesota. But it is just so amazing to put on a light blazer and breathe in air that doesn't sting your nose. I met someone downtown today for lunch and I am just madly in love with the Minneapolis sky-line. So, here I am, no jacket, walking around Minneapolis (before the meeting), just smiling, appreciating, basking in the beauty of the city and soaking up the last air molecules of fall. Heavenly.

That lunch meeting was quite a surprise in itself. I sat down and had lunch with someone who has done YoungLife in the past, quite successfully and not only did he give amazing advice and guidance to me, he was incredibly complimentary and encouraging; all things I have been praying for in the context of my ministry. Another answer to prayer; another example of God pulling through.

I am also surprised that I am all packed and ready to head to Seattle tomorrow and it is only 1am. I got a lot done today; yay for productivity!

I am so excited for Seattle. I am so excited to spend time with my dear friend Jen Jen! I am so excited for snowboarding and adventures in the vineyards of Washington and voyages to the San Juan islands. I am so excited. And amidst it all, I am most excited for God to surprise me. As I travel, as I spend time with friends and as I experience new and exciting new adventures, I am excited for God to be in them and to be active. Surprise me God... 5 days in Seattle--Here I come.

No comments: