Sunday, April 1, 2007

Round Two

So, today I begin Round 2 of 'Surprise Me, God'. Although I feel like everyday should be in some small way, a Surprise Me, God day but this time around, I have a new perspective on the experiment--today Terry Esau, the writer of the book 'Surprise Me, God' spoke at our All-Area Leadership for Young Life... Hearing him speak caused me to want to begin again on the whole thing and see where God will surprise me this time. I think a part of the campaign that I didn't do well last time, was really listening to God... following Him into the surprises, instead of waiting for the surprises to come to me. The experiment is really unique because i think it give me the opportunity to see God in the small things and live out His will as I seek to walk into surprises through encounters with new people and conversations with people I may not usually converse with.

I am anxious to see where the surprises come from and what I will learn. My favorite thing about the experiment is the heightened awareness of what God is doing in everyday life. So, tomorrow I wake up and say, "Surprise Me, God" and sometimes the surprises will be great and other time they will be small and seemingly-insignificant, but still great. As Terry said, it isn't a formula or some supernatural promise that God will do magic for me--it is more a way to look at life, rosy glasses. So, today I put on the rosy glasses and hold on to my seat...

So, tomorrow I will wake up and see where God will surprise me.

Cheers.

No comments: