Thursday, July 19, 2007

Here's Inspiration at it's highest point



There are a billion places to see in the world and without trying to brag, I feel I have experienced a great number of them... But this week, I think I have been to the most beautiful place on earth. Three hours from the nearest town in the mountains of British Columbia lies a Young Life camp-quaint in size, but huge in inspiration. The view is indescribable. Surrounded by the mountains that stretch to the sky, cut into by a salt water inlet. A brilliant recipe of ocean and mountain. Seals swim around the yellow and green moss-covered rocks and regal bald eagles fly at heights that seem almost touchable. The mountains are like no other--it is 90 degrees where we are safe in our cabins, but the peeks towering above us a laced in white purity. Off in the distance kids delightful screams can be heard echoing off the evergreen trees. A yellow and red device sends kids high into the air "blobbing" them to new heights as they realize that life is bigger than they thought. Wake boards zoom by the unknowing seals and cut through the rapids with ease. Cabins are filled with unknowing high schoolers who sleep soundly, peacefully safe in their bunks. Each students life so important that God brought us all to a place so beautiful, that we might know of insignificance in comparison to the wall of mountainous strength and waters of liquid power-but also know our significance-that we are lucky enough to see what few see, this place, these feelings of completeness and fullness. Is the salt water taste of Malibu that the breeze carries to my lips the taste of what heaven will be like?

A morning in Malibu thoughts of the peaceful place enveloped my brain and as I reflect I see nothing more than the smiles of the girls I brought to camp as they accomplish things they never thought they would and experience things they never may again. Even the confusion on their brow as they process through the mysteries of God and the universe are beautiful to me. I have experienced another taste of heaven. A mountain top experience, literally as I climb 30 minutes to reach inspiration point and look down at the camp I would soon be leaving a small part of my heart at. There is nothing more beautiful than a place where God dwells. He is undeniable in the place called Malibu club on some inlet in British Columbia. My heart is still there. I am working my way off the mountain top experience to reality which nips like ice, but is real and therefore good.

Seven days in Malibu.

No comments: